Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: old newspaper clipping
- ½ cup soft butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cardamom, optional
- 2 cups blueberries
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Cream butter and sugar; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients together; add gradually to egg mixture, alternating with sour cream, ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and cardamom.
- Fold in 1 cup blueberries.
- Pour ½ of batter into well-greased and floured 9"x13"x2" pan.
- Cover with remaining blueberries.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 – 50 min or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove to rack to finish cooling.
- To serve, cut into 12 pieces.