- Sift the flour, make a nest in the middle and place the egg and salt there.
- Mix the egg with a little flour, adding some water too.
- Make stiff dough.
- Make a ball of the dough, cover with a cloth and let rest for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Roll a thin sheet and cut 3 inch squares.
- Wash the sour cherries, remove pits and leave them in the strainer with some sugar.
- During this time, prepare the dough.
- Before filling the dumplings, press down on the sour cherries to drain the liquid (mix this liquid with 3 tablespoons of sugar and refrigerate, use it to make refreshing drinks or jelly).
- Fill the dumplings, boil them, drain them and then rinse them in lots of cold water.
- Drain them well, arrange on the serving plate, and powder them with the rest of sugar.
- Serve cold with whipped cream.