Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Onion Soup. Serves 6.
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 6 slices crusty baguette
- 2 cups (5 ounces) freshly grated Gruyère or Emmental cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- Combine the onion, wine,and butter in a baking dish and braise, uncovered, until the onion is very soft and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 45 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to broil.
- In a another pan, bring the stock to a boil.
- Distribute the onions among soup bowls and pour the stock. Place a slice of baguette and cover with the grated cheese. Place under broiler until cheese melts and slightly browned.
- Serve at once.