Pumpkin soup with ginger. Serves 6 persons
- 1 kg boiled pumpkin (approx. 3 cups)
- 3 cups lukewarm milk
- 1 spoon butter
- 1 spoon flour
- 1 tea spoon ginger powder
- 100 gr Ham cut in thin stripes
- Drain the boiled pumpkin with a colander.
- Mash it with a fork or a mixer.
- In a saucepan heat the butter and add the flour.
- Add gradually the milk and mix constantly.
- Add the pumpkin mash and stir the soup, keeping it in low temperature.
- Add the ginger, salt, pepper and the Ham.
- Stir and serve hot.
- Optionally: Add croutons, grated Cheese or finely chopped parsley.