Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Melt butter in large stock pot and sauté the garlic, onions and celery for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Slice all of the mushrooms together and set aside ½ cup for garnish.
- Add the remaining mushrooms and potatoes to pot and continue to saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the stock; bring to a boil.
- Simmer on medium-high heat until the potatoes are tender, approx. 20 minute
- Remove from heat and add thyme.
- Purée in a blender, return to pot.
- Add sherry, light cream, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce, warm through.
- Meanwhile, saute the reserved mushrooms in a little olive oil, and season them with salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms to the soup and stir well.