Fruits and Veggies Matter Adult Recipe Cards by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- ½ cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup water
- 2 pounds of collard greens, washed and stems removed
- 1½ cups sliced red onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ tsp dried red pepper flakes
- Heat chicken broth and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Add collards and cook for 10 minutes.
- Sauté garlic and onions for 5 minutes in a skillet.
- Add orange juice and wilted greens. Stir until well coated. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and serve.
- Soak collard greens in water to remove dirt and grit. Rinse until the water is clear.