Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruits and Veggies Matter Adult Recipe Cards by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- ½ cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup water
- 2 pounds of collard greens, washed and stems removed
- 1½ cups sliced red onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ tsp dried red pepper flakes
- Heat chicken broth and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Add collards and cook for 10 minutes.
- Sauté garlic and onions for 5 minutes in a skillet.
- Add orange juice and wilted greens. Stir until well coated. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and serve.
- Soak collard greens in water to remove dirt and grit. Rinse until the water is clear.