Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound of smoked pig tails
- 1 pound bag of black-eyed peas
- 1½ cups of chopped onion
- 1 cup of chopped green pepper
- ½ cup of butter
- ¼ cup of flour
- ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- salt to taste
- In a large pot add 1 quart of water.
- Boil until tender the pig tails.
- If water boils out add more, then add black-eyed peas.
- When peas are halfway done saute onions and green peppers then add them to the pot.
- Cook until peas are soft, mix flour and ½ cup of juices from the pot, then pour back into pot and add butter.