Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Malaysian style Chicken soup
- 1 cup onions, chop coarsely
- 3 cloves garlic, chop finely
- 1 cm ginger, chop finely
- 1 tbsp macademia nuts, chop finely
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chile paste
- 500g Chicken parts, bite-size pieces
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 cups rice noodles, cooked
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- oil for frying
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 fried shallots, for garnishing (optional)
- Heat oil in wok and fry onions, garlic and ginger until onions are transparent. Add macademia nuts, ground coriander and chile paste. Stir fry for 3 minutes. Add Chicken parts and stir fry for 5 minutes. Add water, bring to boil and simmer for 45 minutes. Remove Chicken parts, strip meat from bones, discard skin and bones. Strain stock and return to boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place noodles, bean sprouts and Chicken meat in bowls and pour soup over. Garnish with fried shallots and eggs. Serve hot. Serves 4 bowls.