Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This unusual soup is good both hot and cold - but particularly hot, I think, when cold winds are blowing and these sunchokes start showing up in the market.
- 1 lb Jersualem artichokes (or "sunchokes")
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 cup vegetable stock or chicken stock
- salt to taste
- freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Peel the sunflower rhizomes and slice them thinly.
- Put them in a medium saucepan with the onion and stock - bring to a boil and simmer, covered, about 30 minutes.
- Puree in a blender, solids first, then pour back into the saucepan.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir in the cream, and reheat.
- When ready to serve, ladle into individual bowls.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of cream in the middle of each bowl and swirl in a figure eight.
- Top with minced cilantro or parsley.