Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Palm Fruit Soup
- 10-12 pejibayes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups milk
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped or pressed
- 1 red, yellow or green sweet pepper.
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Wash and boil the pejibayes until soft (about 45 minutes). Remove from the water, and when cool enough to handle, peel and core them. Puree the pejibayes with the chicken stock.
- Sauté the Onion, garlic, and pepper in the oil until the onions are clear, then combine all the ingredients in a stock pot and simmer for another 5–10 minutes.
- Pejibayes are also often served cold with Mayonnaise as a snack (see recipe). Boil as above, then cool completely. #They are usually peeled and cored individually as you eat them.