- 2 lbs of beef ribs (or any meat with bones)
- 1 cup of gem squash cut in small cubes
- 1 cup of potatoes cut in small cubes
- 1 cube of beef stock
- 1 cup of cassava (yuca) chopped in small cubes
- 6 cups of water
- 1 teaspoons of oil
- 1 lemon cut in halves
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon of mashed garlic
- ¼ cup of chopped celery
- In a pot heat up the oil and add the meat, the beef stock, salt, herbs, garlic, oil, water and squash.
- Bring to a boil and leave at medium heat.
- Stir regularly to avoid excessive sticking.
- When the meat is tender add the potatoes and the yuca.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- When the potatoes and yucca are tender turn off the heat.
- Serve with arroz blanco on the side.