- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Serves 4
- ½ cup vermicelli noodles, uncooked and broken into small pieces
- 1 tbsp bacon fat or oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 2½ cans (15 oz. each) beef broth (about 5 cups)
- ½ cup grated jack or white cheddar cheese
- Heat fat or oil in skillet.
- Add noodles, fry until light brown.
- In same fat, saute onions until soft.
- Add tomato puree and cook for 2 to 3 minute.
- Stir constantly.
- Simmer puree, noodles and broth in large pan until noodles are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.