Sopa de Elote ("Corn Soup" in English) is a Mexican favorite. This recipe serves 8 when prepared as followed.
- 6 ears of fresh corn or 4 cups canned corn
- 3 medium tomatoes (peeled, seeded & chopped)
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions (fine)
- 2 tablespoons butter or butter substitute
- 4 cups of prepared beef broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
Other things needed Edit
- Cut corn from cob and scrape cob. You should have about 4 cups corn.
- Blend the tomatoes and corn until smooth. May need to split ingredients in half depending on size of blender.
- In saucepan cool the onions in butter until they are tender and golden.
- Combine corn/tomatoes mixture and broth.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, covered.
- Slowly stir in cream
- Re-heat without boiling and add salt and pepper to taste.