Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sopa de Elote ("Corn Soup" in English) is a Mexican favorite. This recipe serves 8 when prepared as followed.
- 6 ears of fresh corn or 4 cups canned corn
- 3 medium tomatoes (peeled, seeded & chopped)
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions (fine)
- 2 tablespoons butter or butter substitute
- 4 cups of prepared beef broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
Other things needed Edit
- Cut corn from cob and scrape cob. You should have about 4 cups corn.
- Blend the tomatoes and corn until smooth. May need to split ingredients in half depending on size of blender.
- In saucepan cool the onions in butter until they are tender and golden.
- Combine corn/tomatoes mixture and broth.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, covered.
- Slowly stir in cream
- Re-heat without boiling and add salt and pepper to taste.