- 1 lb conch cut into large chunks (substitute large clams, scallops, any sweet shellfish)
- 6 – 8 cups chicken bouillon
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 chiles minced (use your own judgement here)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 diced medium sized onion
- 1 diced medium sized tomato
- salt to taste
- Put bullion in stock pot on high heat, turn down to simmer once it boils, add diced veggies, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a pan, saute the garlic, chiles and ginger in a little oil on medium heat until garlic turns translucent (30 seconds).
- Add conch meat and saute for 2 minutes and turn off heat.
- Add meat to stock pot along with the coconut milk and cumin.
- When liquid begins to simmer, turn off heat, add the cilantro and serve.