Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Peanut Soup from Curaçao, or a Caribbean chicken and peanut soup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 ounces stewing beef or salt beef, trimmed of fat and diced 1x1
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 chicken breast halves, cut into 1 dice
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and minced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Soak salt beef in water for 1 hour; then drain.
- In saucepan, heat oil and saute onion over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add beef and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer until beef is tender (1 hour).
- Add chicken and simmer for 40 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Whisk in peanut butter, then add sugar, jalapeno, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Simmer 25–30 minutes and serve hot.