Sopa de Aguacate ("Avocado Soup" in English) is a Mexican favorite. This recipe serves 4 when prepared as followed.
- 2 tablespoons butter or butter substitute
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 133/4-oz can of chicken broth
- Bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 large seeded & peeled avocado
- 1 cup light cream
Other things needed Edit
- Melt butter in saucepan, stir in flour
- Add broth and a few dashes of hot pepper sauce
- Cook until thickened and light simmer
- Combine avocado and cream in blender. Blend until smooth
- Add avocado mixture to saucepan and heat thoroughly
- Garnish with additional avocado or onions if desired.