Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dry tortilla soup
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- 6 tortillas
- ½ cup oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cups tomato purée
- 6 hard cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated cheese
- Cut tortillas into strips like macaroni.
- Fry in oil until crisp.
- Set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Fry minced onion in oil in which tortillas were fried.
- Add tomato puree.
- Season and cook, covered, 30 minutes.
- Butter a casserole.
- Put in layers: tortilla strips, sauce, grated cheese and round slices of hard cooked eggs.
- Follow same procedure until all ingredients are used, having rounds of eggs for last layer.
- Cover with remaining sauce.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- This will freeze.