Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Any of the following (fresh or canned):
- juice of one lemon or chopped, crushed mint leaves
- grated coconut or chopped roasted peanuts
- sugar (honey can also be used)
- If using canned fruits: drain and save the liquid.
- Peel and remove seeds from the fresh fruit as necessary, cut fruit into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine all fruit in a glass bowl.
- Add the lemon juice (or mint leaves), some sugar water (water which has been boiled, mixed with sugar, and allowed to cool—or use some of the liquid from the canned fruits).
- Stir gently.
- There should only be enough liquid to coat the fruit; it does not have to be covered in liquid.
- Cover the fruit salad and allow it to stand for a half hour before serving.
- The fruit salad may be refrigerated after it has stood for an hour.
- It should be eaten the same day it is made.
- It does not keep well overnight.
- Top with grated coconut or chopped peanuts immediately before serving.