("Sollongtang") is rice beef noodle soup seasoned with sesame seeds, salt, pepper, scallions, and sesame oil. It is served with rice as the main meal and is accompanied by side dishes and a radish "kimchi" called "kaktugi"
- ½ lb beef rib steak
- 1⅓ lb shank of beef
- ½ whole Korean radish
- ¼ lb Chinese noodles
- 1 large green onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- salt, black pepper and msg
- Cut the beef into pieces and divide the radish into two pieces.
- Boil the beef and radish in 30 cups of water.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour till the meat is very tender.
- Take the meat and radish out of the broth.
- Cool the broth and cut off the excess fat.
- Slice the meat thinly into small size.
- Slice the radish into pieces ⅛" thick.
- Add the meat, radish and crushed garlic to the broth.
- Then boil again.
- Cut large green onion into rings.
- Add salt, black pepper, and green onion and check the seasoning by salt before serving.