Contributed by User:Frozen.rainbow (Blog)
- Cut the bottom parts of onions ¼ inch and peel.
- Boil them until soft, but not too soft. Rinse and let cool down.
- Squeeze each one to get every single layer. You will be stuffing those layers. If slippery, use a clean kitchen towel to grip and squeeze.
- Wash rice in plenty water and rinse.
- Soak sumac in hot water for 15 minutes and drain. Save the water.
- Heat butter in a frying pan.
- Add pastes, spices, and salt. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Take the pan off the fire.
- Add ground meat, rice, and sumac. Mix well.
- Stuff onions with the mix and place them in a broad pot.
- Pour in sumac water.
- After it starts boiling, simmer covered on low for half an hour.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.
- We loved it, especially with yogurt.