Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 16 soft rolls.
- 1 lb cooked crabmeat
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 headlettuce
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- rice paper sheets (Banh Trang)
- Hoisin Dipping Sauce and/or Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add asparagus and cook for one minute.
- Add water and cook, covered, for three minutes more; remove from heat.
- Note: crab is meant to be chilled and asparagus is meant to be cooled down to room temperature when building rolls.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water (deep enough to submerge a rice paper).
- Dip one rice paper at a time while building soft rolls, just till it becomes pliable; remove from water and blot on paper toweling.
- To build roll, on softened rice paper, place a lettuce leaf leaving margins on all sides (except top is ok).
- Top lettuce with one ounce of crab, one piece of asparagus, a couple of pinches of alfalfa sprouts and shredded carrots, a fresh basil leaf, and a couple of cilantro sprigs.
- Fold bottom edge of rice paper up over filling, then wrap right side over filling and roll up tightly into a bundle.
- Place on serving platter covered with a damp paper towel while preparing remaining rolls.
- Serve at once with dipping sauces and hot chile paste (sambal oelek), if desired.