Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Jacobs Estate in Mabank, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 medium potatoes cubed and parboiled
- 2 medium onions finely sliced
- ½ pound cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup zucchini or yellow summer squash chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup fresh green beans cut into short lengths
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup green peas
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 4 tablespoons dried coconut sprinkled with a little water and then 2 teaspoons sugar, drained
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium carrots sliced and parboiled
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok or large pan then add onions and cook on medium low heat until transparent.
- In a bowl mix all the spices and sugar with the other tablespoon of oil and add this to the onion stirring well.
- Put in the carrots and potatoes and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables and mix them well.
- Increase the heat a little and put in the coconut.
- Continue to stir fry gently 10 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
- Serve hot with rice.