This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Jacobs Estate in Mabank, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 medium potatoes cubed and parboiled
- 2 medium onions finely sliced
- ½ pound cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup zucchini or yellow summer squash chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup fresh green beans cut into short lengths
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup green peas
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 4 tablespoons dried coconut sprinkled with a little water and then 2 teaspoons sugar, drained
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium carrots sliced and parboiled
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok or large pan then add onions and cook on medium low heat until transparent.
- In a bowl mix all the spices and sugar with the other tablespoon of oil and add this to the onion stirring well.
- Put in the carrots and potatoes and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables and mix them well.
- Increase the heat a little and put in the coconut.
- Continue to stir fry gently 10 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
- Serve hot with rice.