Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- soba noodles (either 1 or 2 pounds, depending on how many people are eating)
- 6 tbsp minced cilantro
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced into matchsticks
- 5 tbsp chopped scallions
- 10 oz firm tofu
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- ½ tbsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey (or agave nectar, if you don't use honey)
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- Cook pasta, drain and let them cool down a bit.
- Transfer noodles to a large bowl.
- Add cilantro, cucumbers and scallions and toss gently.
- In a food processor or blender, whip the tofu until smooth.
- Add the garlic, ginger and soy sauce and blend until combined in a medium saucepan over moderate heat, combine the honey, soy milk and peanut butter and stir constantly until mixed remove from heat and add the tofu mixture, and beat with a wire whip.
- If it seems too thick, add more soy milk.
- Serve with the sauce spooned over the noodles.