Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
See Ginger-Sesame Dressing, or you can use your own favourite dressing.
- 8 oz. portion frozen soba noodles, thawed and softened in boiling water and rinse in cold running water (or equivalent dry soba noodles, cooked according to package instructions)
- ⅕ block (3 oz) firm tofu, cut to ½" cubes (we make more tofu)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 scallion, green and white part, cleaned and thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut in half lengthwise then cut across into thin half-moons
- sprinkle sesame seeds + cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Add tofu to a large non-stick skillet without any oil and toss over high heat until all water has evaporated.
- Add canola oil, reduce heat to medium-high and fry, tossing frequently until tofu is firm and bouncy; beware of possible splattering.
- Drain over paper towels.
- In a large mixing bowl combine drained soba noodles, cilantro, scallions, cucumber and 2 – 3 oz dressing, toss well.
- Arrange salad in center of large plate and top with fried tofu.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro sprigs.