This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 9 ounce package chocolate wafer cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 24 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1½ pounds snack size Snickers brand candy bars, cut into sixths
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a food processor grind cookies into fine crumbs then add butter and process until well blended.
- Press into bottom and about 1 inch up sides of a spring form pan.
- In a large bowl beat together cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth then beat in eggs one at a time then vanilla and 1 cup cream and beat 4 minutes.
- Fold in 1½ cups cut-up snickers pieces.
- Turn into a crumb-lined pan and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes then allow to cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle remaining candy pieces over top of cheesecake then refrigerate at least 5 hours before serving.
- Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen cake and remove spring form side of pan.
- Whip remaining 1 cup of cream until stiff and spoon a dollop over each slice.