Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 tablespoons achoite paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 lemon, grated and juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3 to 4 pound Snapper (scaled, gills removed and scored on both sides)
- 1 package banana leaves
- 4 to 5 plum tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 large white Onion, sliced thin
- 6 to 8 tomatillos or green tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Puree first seven ingredients in blender.
- Rub on both sides with marinade. Place in center of two banana leaves.
- Put tomatoes, Onion, tomatillos, scallions, pepper and mint in bowl.
- Toss, salt to taste.