Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Smyth Estate in Plano, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 large cooking apple peeled and quartered
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs separated
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1½ teaspoons butter
- apple slices for garnish
- lemon juice
- Place apple quarters in a saucepan then cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes then drain well.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl then add apples and process until smooth.
- Combine apples, sweet potatoes, egg yolks and vanilla then stir well and set aside.
- Beat egg whites at room temperature until peaks are stiff but not dry.
- Fold into potato mixture.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish coated with butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with apple slices which have been dipped in lemon juice.