Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 11 Pounds tomatoes, peeled
- 2 Pounds cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced. (For Kirby or hot house cucumbers, it is not necessary to peel cucumbers)
- 1 Pound and 8 ounces red onions, diced
- 8 oz shallots
- 1 ½ quarts canned tomato juice
- 1 ½ Cups extra virgin olive oil
- 11/16 Cups sherry wine vinegar
- ½ Cup or to taste finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 Pounds cooked rock Shrimp, very coarsely chopped
- 1 Pound cooked cannellini beans
- 3 California avoacdos, cut in small dice
- 2 Tbsp or to taste, salt
- Tortilla chips, as needed for garnish
- Chopped cilantro, as needed for garnish
Cut tomatoes in half horizontally.
Over a bowl lined with a sieve, seed tomatoes, catching and reserving juice.
Cut each tomato half in two.
Stir in salt;chill 3 hours to marry flavors.
Ladle 1-1/2 cups into a serving bowl.
Garnish with tortilla chips and cilantro.