- 2 ¾ Pounds tomatoes
- 1 ½ Cups diced, peeled, and seeded cucumber (for Kirby and hot house cucumbers, it is not necessary to peel cucumbers.)
- 1 Cup diced red onion
- 2 small shallots
- 1 ½ Cups canned tomato juice
- 1/3 Cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ½ Tbsp sherry wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce or to taste
- 1 Cup cooked rock Shrimp, very coarsely chopped
- 11/16 Cups cooked cannellini beans
- 1 California avocado, about 8 ounces, cut in small dice
- ½ Tbsp salt, or to taste
- Tortilla chips as needed for garnish
- Chopped cilantro as needed for garnish
Cut tomatoes in half horizontally.
Over a bowl lined with a sieve, seed tomatoes, catching and reserving juice.
Cut each tomato half in two.
Chill at least 3 hours to marry flavors.
Serve cool but not icy.