Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Reinhart Estate in Ida, Oklahoma in 1992. Dated 1957. Notation on paper indicates this recipe is easy and very well received at cookouts.
- Submerge quail in brine solution for 4 hours in a refrigerator.
- Remove the carcasses and allow to drain completely.
- Place the drained birds in a smoker preheated to 165, without added moisture.
- When surfaces of birds are dry, add moisture and cook for one hour.
- Increase temperature to 19 and cook for an additional hour.
- Remove from smoker and enjoy.
- Can be frozen.