Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Supa cu Trout afumat
- 2 teaspoons oil (preferably canola or olive)
- 2 large Vidalia onions, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 x 8-oz bottles clam juice
- 1½ pounds red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- ¼ cup vermouth or sherry
- 4 cups milk
- ½ pound smoked trout fillet, flaked
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and celery, cook stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add clam juice, potatoes and thyme.
- Cook covered over low heat until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer about ¾ of the vegetables to a blender and purée.
- Return purée to soup and bring back to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add vermouth, milk, trout and green onions and heat through.
- Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.