From Menu and Recipes Wee 10/21/07
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¾ lb smoked sausage chopped
- 30 – 36 jumbo macaroni shells
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- Prepare shells according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine ricotta cheese and egg.
- Add mozzarella, parsley, Parmesan cheese, basil and oregano.
- Stir in sausage.
- Combine spaghetti sauce and water in small bowl.
- Put ¾ cup of the sauce in bottom of baking dish.
- Fill shells with sausage-cheese mixture and place in pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over top.
- Bake 35 minutes or until stuffed shells are heated through and cheese melts.