Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Lowery Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984. Dated 1954.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ⅓ cup white cane sugar
- ¼ cup non-iodized salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 pounds salmon fillets
- Thoroughly mix all brine ingredients, ensuring that all dry ingredients are well dissolved.
- Place the salmon in a non-metallic container and cover with the brine solution.
- Make sure that all pieces are completely covered with brine.
- Refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours.
- Rinse the salmon with cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Allow to air dry about an hour.
- Smoke the using hickory or your favorite hardwood until flaky.