Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An excellent spread for fresh-baked French bread or even spread thinly with lettuce and tomato on sandwich bread for sack lunches on a long day's hike. The cayenne pepper and garlic powder give the spread a bit of a kick.
This recipe is included in the New Roadhouse Recipes book and is from the Sheep Mountain Lodge, Mile A 113.5, Glenn Highway.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves about 10
- 18 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ filet of smoked salmon, de-boned
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dill weed
- dried parsley to garnish
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Blend all ingredients in food processor to desired consistency and chill.
- For a chunkier version, mix half of the salmon in with a spoon after all other ingredients have been blended.
- Garnish with parsley flakes and fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with sliced french baguette.
- For special events, place spread in a metal fish mold (lined with plastic wrap) before refrigerating.