- 2 cups quinoa grain, cooked
- 4 tbsps. basil pesto
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup alder-smoked salmon
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsps. lemon curd
- 2 tsps. lemon zest
- Cook quinoa according to instructions, add the 4 tbsp of basil pesto into the cooked quinoa, then add ½ cup of the asiago cheese and mix them well.
- Press the quinoa mixture into a 9" pie plate, covering the sides and bottom of pan to create a "crust" place the crust into a 400°F oven for 15 minutes to set.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the 4 eggs, ½ cup of milk, the ⅛ tsp. of salt, and ¼ tsp. of pepper.
- Beat well. Add one cup of smoked salmon and using a spatula, fold in carefully.
- Pour mixture into the prepared "crust" and place in the 400°F oven for 40 minutes.
- At that time, add the remaining ½ cup of asiago cheese to the top and return to oven for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl add the 1 cup of plain yogurt, 2 tbsp. of lemon curd, and 2 tsp. of lemon zest.
- Mix well and refrigerate until quiche has finished baking.
- Allow quiche to sit for 5-7 minutes before serving.
- Alongside or on top of the quiche place the lemon yogurt sauce and serve.
Nutritional Information Edit