Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serves 6 – 8
- 2 cups quinoa grain, cooked
- 4 tbsp basil pesto
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup alder-smoked salmon
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon curd
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Cook quinoa according to instructions, add the 4 tbsp of basil pesto into the cooked quinoa, then add ½ cup of the asiago cheese and mix them well.
- Press the quinoa mixture into a 9" pie plate, covering the sides and bottom of pan to create a "crust" place the crust into a 400°F oven for 15 minutes to set.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the 4 eggs, ½ cup of milk, the ⅛ tsp of salt and ¼ tsp of pepper.
- Beat well.
- Add the one cup of smoked salmon and using a spatula, fold in carefully.
- Pour mixture into the prepared "crust" and place in the 400°F oven for 40 minutes.
- At that time add the remaining ½ cup of asiago cheese to the top and return to oven for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl add the 1 cup of plain yogurt, 2 tbsp of lemon curd and 2 tsp of lemon zest.
- Mix well and refrigerate until quiche has finished baking.
- Allow quiche to sit for 5 – 7 minutes before serving.
- Alongside or on top of the quiche place the lemon yogurt sauce and serve!