Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Salty smoked salmon, rich cream cheese, plump tomatoes and zesty red onion bring a wonderful mix of flavors to this opened face omelet. Enjoy it for breakfast, snack on it for lunch, or serve it for dinner with a simple green salad.
- 8 large eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 – 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4 ounces pre-sliced smoked salmon, cut into large strips
- 2 – 3 plum tomatoes, cut into slices
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until well beaten and slightly frothy.
- Whisk in milk, chives and black pepper and set aside.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add egg mixture to skillet, and then quickly arrange remaining ingredients, in order, on top of eggs, distributing evenly and attractively.
- Cook for 3 minutes on the stove-top without stirring, then transfer to oven.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and the frittata is set, about 30 minutes.
- (baking time will vary with the size of the skillet, so continue to bake until center is just firm to the touch).
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Cut into wedges.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (5 oz.):
- 200 calories (130 calories from fat) | 14g total fat | 6g saturated fat | < 1g dietary fiber | 12g protein | 5g carbohydrate | 265mg cholesterol | 460mg sodium