- 2 long thin potatoes, cut into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere Cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 lb lean smoked Ham, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cornichons
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped tarragon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
Using a 2-inch round biscuit cutter, cut the Potato slices into rounds.
In a bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil and arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet.
Season lightly with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with the Cheese.
Bake the Potato rounds for about 45 minutes, or until deep golden; let cool.
Transfer the Potato coins to paper towels.
In a small bowl, combine the Ham with the Mayonnaise, scallion, Cornichons, capers, tarragon and mustard.
Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon the Ham salad onto the Potato coins and serve.