- 2 kg smoked * 500 g gombo, minced
- 500 g onions, finely chopped
- 150 g fresh tomatoes, crushed
- 20 g djansang
- 1 hot chilli pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 10 g rock salt
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the in a a bowl of 1 litre salted water.
- Drain thoroughly and set aside the drained water.
- Trim the of any thin edges.
- In a casserole, toss the djansang, the chilli, onions, garlic and crushed tomatoes with ¾ of the drained water.
- Add the and bring to the boil for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the djansang and rock salt.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce is dense and smooth.