Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This dish has been become regarded as the National Dish of Luxembourg, and hails from the village of Gostingen. The villagers there have often been called "Bou'nepatscherten" by their neighbours, jealous of the fact that the best broad beans grow in the area. Indeed these are celebrated annually in a "Bean Feast".
- some savory
- 1 onion
- streaky bacon
- 1 soup spoon of flour
- double cream
- Soak the meat for 24 hours, then bring to the boil in the same water.
- Change the water after half an hour and add vegetables as if for a hot pot.
- Cooking time for an average sized collar: 1½ - 2 hours.
- Make sure the water does not boil too fast.
- Broad beans: cut some savory very finely.
- Cube one onion, and some streaky bacon.
- Brown lightly in butter, add the beans and some stock.
- Season, and add 1 soup spoon of flour.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Before serving, add parsley and some double cream.