This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hoyt Estate in Allen, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4½ cups diced smoked chicken
- 1½ cups diced celery
- 2¼ cups diced sweet onions
- 2¼ cups dried tart cherries chopped
- 1 cup basil fresh minced
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice fresh
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl then stir gently until well combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to prepare sandwiches.