Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Rosenthal Estate in Montgomery, Alabama in 1989. Date unknown. My brothers love Jerky so I make this for them, I'm not a jerky fan, but they love this recipe. Makes nice gifts for their birthday and also at Christmas.
- 5 pounds Beef, any cut (I usually use rump roast)
- ½ cup non-iodized salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 quart water
- Trim all fat from meat.
- Slice meat with the grain as thin as possible.
- Place the meat in cool brine and refrigerate overnight.
- Take meat from brine, rinse lightly and allow to drain on paper towels for 1 hour.
- Place meat strips on smoker racks and dry for 12 hours using your favorite wood (I always use Hickory).
- When strips are the dryness you like, cool and transfer to plastic bag for storage.