Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 allspice Berries
- 6 black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 lbs. Beef pot roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup hearty red wine
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Combine the cinnamon, cloves, allspice and peppercorns in a mortar or coffee grinder and grind to a fine powder.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Add the meat and cook, turning, for 10–15 minutes, until browned on all sides.
- Using tongs, transfer meat to slow cooker.
- Add the Onion to the sauté pan and sauté, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add the spice mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the red wine and cook for about 10 minutes, until reduced by about one-third.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and salt to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the meat in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours, until the meat falls away from the bone.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish and garnish with parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.