Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Black Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1990. Date and source unknown. This seems like an awful long time to cook the beans. I haven’t tried this recipe.
- 3 pounds navy beans
- 4 quarts water
- 1 pound salt Pork, 1" cubes
- 6 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup white Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Dark molasses
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons dry mustard
- Wash beans.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Add water, salt Pork, salt and Onion.
- Mix well so beans cover Pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 14-16 hours or until beans are tender.
- When beans are tender, drain bean liquid reserving 4 cups.
- Combine reserved liquid, molasses, catsup, brown sugar and mustard.
- Add to beans and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours longer.