Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 can chicken broth, (14 oz)
- 1 slice bacon, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¾ – 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into 1" pieces
- 1½ cups diagonally sliced celery
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (4 oz)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- hot cooked rice
- ⅔ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Pour chicken broth into slow cooker.
- Cover and turn to high.
- In large skillet, heat bacon and butter; add chicken pieces and brown quickly on all sides.
- With slotted spoon, remove browned chicken to slow cooker.
- Quickly saute celery, onion and mushrooms in skillet until just slightly limp.
- Add contents of skillet to slow cooker with soy sauce and salt. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over hot fluffy rice and garnish with toasted almonds.