Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 can chicken broth, (14 oz)
- 1 slice bacon, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¾ – 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into 1" pieces
- 1½ cups diagonally sliced celery
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (4 oz)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- hot cooked rice
- ⅔ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Pour chicken broth into slow cooker.
- Cover and turn to high.
- In large skillet, heat bacon and butter; add chicken pieces and brown quickly on all sides.
- With slotted spoon, remove browned chicken to slow cooker.
- Quickly saute celery, onion and mushrooms in skillet until just slightly limp.
- Add contents of skillet to slow cooker with soy sauce and salt. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over hot fluffy rice and garnish with toasted almonds.