Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Lila Jenkins Cruikshank
- Serves 6 to 8
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into one inch cubes
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ tsp garlic powder, optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup fresh or canned sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup sour cream
- Place meat in a slow cooking pot; add flour and toss until meat is coated.
- Add onion, optional garlic powder, salt, paprika, pepper and tomato sauce.
- Cook on low heat six to ten hours or until meat is tender.
- Beef may also be cooked in a covered three quart casserole in a preheated 350°F oven for three hours.
- Twenty minutes before serving, add mushrooms and sour cream.
- Serve over rice or in avocado halves.
- Note: venison may be substituted for beef.
- Can prepare ahead, can freeze.