Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Lila Jenkins Cruikshank
- Serves 6 to 8
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into one inch cubes
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ tsp garlic powder, optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup fresh or canned sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup sour cream
- Place meat in a slow cooking pot; add flour and toss until meat is coated.
- Add onion, optional garlic powder, salt, paprika, pepper and tomato sauce.
- Cook on low heat six to ten hours or until meat is tender.
- Beef may also be cooked in a covered three quart casserole in a preheated 350°F oven for three hours.
- Twenty minutes before serving, add mushrooms and sour cream.
- Serve over rice or in avocado halves.
- Note: venison may be substituted for beef.
- Can prepare ahead, can freeze.