Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Slow cooked chicken breasts in a rich, peanutty, slightly spicy sauce. Use low sodium and lower fat products where possible to improve the nutrition here... take care, Gloria
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Submitted by DeltaQueen50 to eDiets.com
- Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 300 minutes | Total time: 320 minutes
- Serves 6 servings
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into ½ inch strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Place the chicken breast strips, bell pepper and onion into a slow cooker.
- Pour in the chicken broth and ¼ cup soy sauce, then season with cumin, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Stir to blend, then cover and cook on low for 4½ to 5 hours.
- Remove 1 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker, and mix this with the cornstarch, peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and lime juice.
- This should blend into a fairly thick sauce.
- Stir the sauce back into the slower cooker and place the lid on the pot.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice if desired.
- Garnish with green onions, cilantro and peanuts before serving.
Nutritional information Edit
- 410 Calories | 23.6 Total Fat | 18.3g Total Carbs | 34.9g Protein