Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 4
- 1 brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 2 oranges
- 1-inch piece ginger
- 1 – 2 teaspoons Jule's Gourmet Jerk
- 2 carrots, large, diced
- ¼ cup of ketchup
- 1 cup water or beer
- Season the brisket well with salt and pepper and sear over high heat for about 3 minutes per side in a cast iron pan to color well.
- Remove from pan and drain briefly.
- Place all remaining ingredients into a slow cooker and set heat to low.
- Place the brisket on top of ingredients and place lid on cooker.
- Cook on low for 9 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker.
- Slice the meat thinly, against the grain, and then place the liquid into a blender to make the sauce.
- Check the seasoning of the sauce and then pour the sauce over the sliced meat and keep in a warm pan or in the slow cooker until ready to serve.
- Serve with Coconut Rice or on sandwiches.