Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 red cabbage, cored, finely chopped
- 2 oranges - juice only
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp and fat is rendered.
- Add onions, stirring frequently, until very soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage in four batches, mixing thoroughly after each.
- Stir in orange juice.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring often, until cabbage is wilted, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and sugar.
- Cook, stirring often, until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning.