- 1/4 c. Crisco and 1/4 c. margarine
- 2 cakes yeast
- 2 c. milk 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c.sugar 2 eggs plus 1 egg
- 7c. flour
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 2 pkg. of chopped walnuts
- 1 can of prume filling
- 1 pck. unsweetened cocoe
- 1 pck. of poppyseed
- 1c. cocoe mix with 1c. Sugar
- 3c. pappyseed mix wiht 1c Sugar
- Warm milk and dissolve yeast i it. Add 3 cups flour and beat smooth. Cover and let rise in warm place until double in bulk, about 2 hours. (Put in bowl you are to make bread.)
- In another bowl, mix 1\2cup Crisco and margarine, 2 teaspoons salt, 1\2 cup Sugar and 2 eggs in a bowl and beat until well blended. Add remaining 4 cups flour and beat ingredients to yeast mixture. Knead until smooth. Cover and let rise 1 1\2 hour until double in bulk. Punch down and let rise again (about 45 minutes.).
- Divide into thirds. Take out one of the three pieces of dought. With a rolling pin, roll out on floured board into a rectangle. Brush with melted butter or margarine. Spread nut (or other) mixture on rectangle. #Roll like a jelly roll. Put in a buttered baking pan. Repeat for other 2 pieces of dougt. If more than one kolac are put on the same baking pan do not too closely. Cover and let rise again about 30 minutes at 325F.