Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb fresh yellow or green beans
- 1 small carton table cream 15%
- 6 large potatoes (diced)
- 1 lb sausage (must get from your Slovak or Hungarian butcher)
- 1 tbsp lard
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 small ladle white vinegar
- Fill large dutch kettle with 2 quarts water.
- Add sausage (cut in 3 pieces) and beans (cut up).
- Bring to boil lower to medium and cook for about one half hour.
- Add diced potatoes and salt and cook another half hour.
- In small saucepan melt lard, add flour, paprika, pepper and garlic.
- Mix well and cook over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add this mixture to soup and mix well.
- Add vinegar and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In cream carton mix 1 tbsp flour and pinch of baking soda.
- Add to soup and bring to boil simmer 5 minutes and serve.